Wednesday, 26 August 2015

The Alties Script Writing Competition

I have just entered a competition to win £2000 for the alternative ending I've invented for a well known crime/comedy film of 1969. I used the full 750 words to do so. Some scenes in the original film have fast-paced action so I have submitted my entry in the Best Action and Adventure category as it seems the best fit, though there are more adventure packed films, and funnier comedies so I was a little confused as to which one to go for. There are 5 categories altogether. I have written my piece in prose, but it can be presented in scripted dialogue. Why don't you give it a go? Closes 4th September 2015 so still time to get that thinking cap on.


Online retailer Cartridge Save http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/ has set up the'The Alties' competition. Entrants are to script an alternative ending to a favourite film. The grand prize is £2000. There are runner- up prizes too. 

For details of How to submit your entry, t&cs, and categories etc visit http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/thealties   
Two ways to enter: either by email to alternateendings@democracypr.com or post your script to Alternate Endings Competition, Democracy, 62 Beech Road, Chorlton, Manchester M21 9EG

Here is a link to Buzzfeed which lists 129 iconic  cinematography from top films which may help to inspire you with a film to choose and to write up that alternative ending. Good Luck!  http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/there-will-be-scrolling?utm_term=.mkJmdWm5W#.ju28wG83G 


No comments:

Post a Comment

POST your comment here: