The Ludicrous Library Puzzle Reviews

Review 1 by Not Compulsory author, Debra Hall ( Debra Hall Creative)


I really like this Ravensburger jigsaw that has recently landed my way, as I think it is particularly cool for young teenagers. It is called The Ludicrous Library and has 500 pieces, enough to keep boys and girls intensely occupied over a couple of days, or something that could take the whole of the holiday to complete if they are allowed table space so they can dip in and out of the activity.

The picture conjures lots of thoughts: old whimsical stories, dreamlike imaginings, mad professors, flamboyance, scholarly interests, master crafted construction, Harry Potter characters, and, yes there is definitely a flavour of the Hogwarts about it.

It is a quirky library scene with lots of angled stairways and various hidey holes housing hundreds of antiquarian, heavily bound books that are a little skew whiff in their positioning, and it doesn’t matter one bit that there appears to be no right way up to the books, the layout or to the puzzle itself – a great image for jigsaw construction.





The artwork is by one of my favourite artists whose work I have come to know well, Colin Thompson. Thompson has included little strange, ‘off the wall’ illustrations which he is really good at i.e. books with legs, monks with beaks, little cloaked figures all of which would appeal to the interests of a lot to young people. I've seen it selling on Amazon 


**Ends**

Review 2 previously published at tssreview.blog and is by a guest contributor, Grace

'The Ludicrous Library Jigsaw Puzzle from Ravensburger is anything but ludicrous, it is an excellent puzzle with an intricate and engaging design that will bewilder yet satisfy all who attempt it. I’ll be honest, I am usually one of those people that starts a puzzle and doesn’t complete it. I’m on holiday, it’s guaranteed to rain so I’ll buy a puzzle from a charity shop and barely even start it.

This time around I was so bewildered by the design, the bright colours and the quirkiness, that I just couldn’t stop myself from completing it. I feel like 500 pieces worked well for this puzzle, you didn’t lose any of the intricacy of the design and it was easily completed within a few days on a coffee table. The bookcases are the hardest parts to complete and everywhere you look there is something you missed on the first glance, you think it’s a book over there but it’s really a bat and the intrigue of what you may discover next really pulls you in and before you know it your dinner is on fire!

The puzzle pieces were of a very high quality, with a non-reflective surface which was key as I was sat directly under the light. The pieces were a good fit albeit a little stiff for the first completion but I am confident that next time it will be a little looser. The image of the Ludicrous Library is designed by popular children’s illustrator Colin Thompson, known for his illustrations in children’s books but don’t let that fool you into believing that this puzzle is just for children. I can honestly say that this puzzle brought out the inner child in me and I have never been so excited by a puzzle! Complete with children, young adults or just the young at heart, this is not a puzzle to be overlooked.'


Enjoy

Grace



                                                 **Ends**                                  

Comments

Popular Posts